How stop FF from reinstalling deleted search engines with updates

I am so frustrated. I continually – EVERY TIME FF DECIDES TO UPDATE ITSELF – being forced to waste my time by deleting again and again all the lousy search engines I have previously deleted. I consistently use only one search engine. If I rarely need a different one , I know how to get to it. Every update of FF not only adds all the deleted ones back in, it also automatically defaults to YAHOO Search – I HATE THAT Program.

Every time FF updates, it re-installs every single one of them. I only want one installed. Is there anyone out there who can write an add-on that can stop the re-installation of search engines with every update?? Please??? I do not have the computer skills to do such a thing or I would have already done it. I need to rely on others.

Thanks for listening at least - and for helping if you can.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-or-remove-search-engine-firefox#w_hide-search-engines doesn’t work?

Note, there’s likely a LOT of code that prevents an addon from doing this, because that’s what folks use to forge money into their own pockets.

But using the settings dialog should work as advertised. If it doesn’t, please file a bug, with detailed steps to reproduce. Something like:

Install Firefox 43 from ftp.
Start with a clean profile.
Remove all plugins but one via the settings dialog.
Update to 44.
Show the reset values.

Extra helpful would be to get the update log in that case, I guess.