How do I get an existing validated addon signed by mozilla?

Hi,

We have an existing live addon that has been successfully reviewed and is being deployed by Mozilla at AMO. However the latest version of the addon (1.11.1) has not been signed my AMO, and will thus be disabled when the next stable version of Firefox is released. What process do I go through to get it signed (as opposed to reviewed)/

addon: GeoEdge
url: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/geoedge/?src=cb-dl-updated

Previous version have been signed if that helps in any way.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,
Karl

As soon as an add-on has been approved it will be automatically signed, so you are just fine.

Hi Andreas,

As soon as an add-on has been approved it will be automatically
signed, so you are just fine.

Actually, that’s the problem. It was approved on July 29, and it
hasn’t been signed yet. Is it possible that the signing step might have
been missed in this particular case? I’d very much appreciate it if one
of the Mozilla team could check.

Thanks heaps,
Karl

GeoEdge 1.11.1 is already signed

You might be confused about the “-signed” suffix we added to version numbers when we automatically signed existing versions on AMO. Newly reviewed versions are signed, but their version number remains the same.

1 Like

Hi Jorgev,

You’re absolutely correct. I saw that the suffix was missing and assumed it hadn’t been signed. But upon inspection of the addon I see that it has been.

Thanks for all your help.
Karl

Sent from my phone.

I may have the same issue. Medspell is my medical dictionary add on, but does not load into newer Firefox because its not signed. I have been waiting for it to be automatically signed as its already approved but that is not happening. I cannot find where I can resubmit for Mozilla to sign.

I just approved the new version which was pending review.