[Global Gatherings] FAQ Leadership Summit Singapore

More about Flights

26) I want to go on other days, or extend my stay, is that possible?
Yes it is. First of all, note that Mozilla will cover only the stay for the days of the event. That means that extra nights has to be covered by you, and can’t be requested for reimbursement later (as also with other expenses).
Second, note that if the flight is cheaper, it will be ok, but if the cost is higher we will probably reject it, unless it’s a difference of 50 USD (can be more if the flight is more expensive, but never beyond 80 USD).

27) It says Out of policy in all the flights, can I book it anyways?
Yes, the policy for this event is very strict, so if you can’t find any option in policy, book an out of policy flight (keep in mind that this doesn’t mean that you can book any flight out of policy, and we will be reviewing it).

28) I’m from a South Asian country, and there are cheaper options in Low-Cost airlines, can I book outside Egencia?
Yes, but please-please inform Francisco first in order to do the proper follow-up. Also, include a screenshoot of the Egencia portal to prove that the flight is considerable cheaper. We will reimburse through the standard process.

29) I’m still waiting for the approval of my Egencia account. Is that normal?
Well, like I’ve commented before the process is manual. There are 2 people that needs to review the details and check with the list of selected people. They received more than 50 requests in less than 24 hours, so please be mindful with this. They already approved most of this requests, but some of them has no complete name, or doesn’t match with what you included in the registration form. Please be aware of this. If you haven’t received anything yet, please check your spam folder first, and then email Francisco.

1 Like

¡Hola @franc!

About 11, for “Traveler Group” I see “MoCo - Support Services” and “Singapore Summit”.

Which one shall I pick?

¡Gracias!

HI, Egencia is showing “Out Of Policy” flights, and only 2 options which comply to the company’s policy but those two have 22hrs of travel time whereas the minimum time is 4hrs 30 min, Can I go with an option from “Out Of Policy” flight?

Hello sir !
I’ll be travelling from Bengaluru(India). Egencia is showing the same flight as out of policy for me but not for a fellow Mozillian who has all the filters and to n fro cities and dates exactly the same. I’ve also sent you a mail regarding this. please look into it.
Thankyou !

Singapore Summit, obviously… I’m editing to reflect the change on Egencia.

Thanks

If the flight out of policy is on the same price range, yes, you can go with that. The price range is restricted at this point, so that’s why you only see one or two options under that policy.

In any case, if you don’t find other good way in Egencia, please check Low-cost airfares outside the Egencia portal, and send me an email.

Regards,

You are in an email that I’ve replied to Abhiram,

Please check that.

Cheers,

Hi, Algeria is listed in Level II countries and there is no diplomatic representation of Singapore here so from my understanding I have to go through a local contact or strategic partner in Singapore.

For business visa, it is also required:
"5) Computer printout of the Singapore registered business entity’s detailed business profile (showing the names of all the directors / shareholders) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and printed within the last 3 months .

¹ Letter of Introduction (LOI) may be issued by a local contact in Singapore. For visa applicants attending business negotiation / discussion in Singapore, the local contact must be a Singapore registered business entity. The person acting on behalf of the business entity must be a Singapore Citizen / Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old . If you are not able to furnish a LOI from a local contact, you may approach your Embassy to issue a LOI to support your visa application . "

Here is a sample: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Visitor%20Services/FormV39A.pdf
This is the page for requirements for more details : http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=169

Therefore I’m not sure the invitation letter given is valid, could you please advise ? Is that any contact in Singapore that can deal with that ?

Thanks !

Hello Imen,

I’ve just replied on email. We don’t have a local contact in Singapore. Actually, the information you are putting here is for a Business visa, not for Tourist or Visitor.

You are not going to be working for Mozilla at the event, so you don’t need a contract or something like that.

Please double check that information, and review the requirements for Tourist/Visitor visa.

Regards,

Hi Francisco, thank you ! They have 2 types of visas:

1. For Business Visit (attending business negotiation/discussion)
  2. For Social Visit (visiting families, friends, relatives and for tourism)

For this kind of events, I’m usually delivered a business visa like for Schengen. For social visit, it’s almost the same requirement regarding the letter of introduction:
“² Letter of Introduction (LOI) may be issued by a local contact in Singapore. Any Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old can act as a local contact. If you are not able to furnish a LOI from a local contact, you may approach your Embassy to issue a LOI to support your visa application.”

I’v submitted a query the entity in charge of visas, will see what their answer is.

¡Hola!

FWIW, this is what I picked in Egencia for “Purpose of Travel”, “Reason of Travel” and “Product Group”.

Happy travels everyone =)

ccing @vabajaj2610

@franc, confirmed, I either need to go to a nearby country (Nigeria, Spain) which is not possible as a visa is required too, or go through a local contact in Singapore that does the procedure online for me. I’ve forwarded you the email so that you have the details :confused:

Hi,
I’m experiencing a serious trouble with my account registration on Egencia portal since several days.
Last week, I made the registration process (with my Yahoo mail account) and be supposed to receive the confirmation mail. but since, nothing. I tried again with my second mail account (Gmail) but no success again and no confirmation email from Egencia.
Due to that, I can not book my flight to Singapore till now; and the due date is the 30th of December, in only 2 days.

Could you please assit me on that ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Imen, I’m also facing this issue, so any updates on that? what type of visa you finally got?
Thanks

Hi, I have already registered with Egencia but till now I have not receive any confirmation for the air ticket.

Please send me an email… you should have your flight confirmed already, so probably the email from Egencia is on your spam. In any case, send me an email, and I’ll try to find the confirmation.

Regards,

Please, bare in mind that you have to request a Tourist/Visitor visa, in any case, as far as I know, if you present the booking confirmation, you don’t need to fill any other form, or request for a contact person in Singapore.

If you need a booking confirmation, please wait for my email about that.

Regards,

Hi @gaurabpa1992, please check if you have a Singapore Embassy in your country or one in the neighborhood, in that case the embassy can deliver an invitation for you. In my case there is no embassy in Algeria or nearby. Hope this helps.

Where do we need to report longer layover?