[FOSDEM 2017] Call for Volunteers

This is a Call for Volunteers for FOSDEM 2017

FOSDEM is the biggest open source event for Europe. It will take place as usual in the ULB, in Brussels on February 4th-5th 2017. More information can be found in the official website.

Like we did last year, we will be sponsoring some mozillians for travel and accommodation.
As some of you already know, last year only 8 mozillians were sponsored, we are aiming to have a similar number for next edition.

Since we want to open the participation to Mozillians too, this year is not mandatory to be a Rep to sign up for volunteer, but please note that we will be covering people from Europe only. If you are from other region, you can attend, but we won’t be able to sponsor you.

The plan is to reinforce Mozilla presence in FOSDEM. Each year we try to improve and learn from previous editions. Selection process will be similar to last year, and we ask people to indicate their goals and skills to help us at the booth and at DevRoom.

The selection criteria will be based on:

• Proximity to Brussels
  • Level of activity as Mozillian/Rep
  • Experience in running a booth
  • Goals for 2017

The form for sign-up is here: https://goo.gl/forms/gIlNA520ysMmg0M93

DEADLINE DECEMBER 1TH 23:59 CET

We will be announcing the selected volunteers by the following week, around December 14th.

If you have any inquiry, please feel free to send me an email to franc at mozilla.com, or comment/reply in this topic.

Best regards,

5 Likes

Hello all,

After a couple of days (we had to review submissions for the devroom, and that’s why we had this delay), I’m proud to announce the volunteers selected to help at FOSDEM 2017.

Aside, some volunteers has been selected for talks at our devroom, and they will help there as well. Schedule will be announced later today.

Regards,

Thank you for this opprtunity!!! :slight_smile: MozYeah!!! <3

Have fun everybody. If my workschedulede allow me to travel to Brussels i will join you for one day