FOSDEM 2016 - Call for Volunteers

This is a Call for Volunteers for FOSDEM 2016

FOSDEM is the biggest open source event for Europe. It will take place as usual in the ULB, in Brussels on January 30-31 2016.

We have the Call for papers ongoing on this topic.

Like we did last year, we will be sponsoring some reps for travel and accommodation
As some of you already know, last year only 6 Reps were sponsored, and we are thinking on have 8 this year, but that’s under discussion, and to be confirmed.

Since we want to open the participation to Mozillians too, this year is not mandatory to be a Rep to sign up for volunteer.

The selection will be similar to the Global Gatherings approach, and very similar to what we did for Mozfest, volunteers selected will have to commit to lead a series of activities. Metrics will be improved for this year, and ideally more ideas will come for our presence.

The selection criteria will be based on:

• Proximity to Brussels
  • Level of activity as Mozillian/Rep
  • Experience in running a booth
  • Goals for 2016

To avoid calendar conflicts, and allow more people have a chance to participate in events, we will prioritize people that won’t attend the summit in Singapore.

The form for sign-up is here: http://goo.gl/forms/Lrm8zVeHMD

DEADLINE DECEMBER 4TH 23:59 CET

We will be announcing the selected volunteers by the following week, around December 11th.

If you have any inquiry, please feel free to send me an email to franc at mozilla.com, or comment/reply in this topic.

Best regards,

4 Likes

The participant must be from Europe countries?

Since is an European event, we will be prioritizing people based on that criteria. Having said this, if we only have 2 people from France and 1 from Tunisia, Algeria, and Kazakhstan, we will sponsor them if costs aren’t so high.

1 Like

@franc signed up and hoping for the best for getting sponsored from Sweden :slight_smile:

Signed up, I will be attending anyway but I would love to be more involved :sunglasses:

@franc I’ve applied as well, from Paris! :smile: Looking forward to the results.

any news ? @franc

1 Like

Hi @Saifahmed,

Over the last week we were working at the All Hands, for that reason we couldn’t send the emails to the volunteers that applied. I will be sending and publishing the selected ones later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Hello all,

I’ve forgot to comment here the selected Mozillians that will be helping at the booth and at the Devroom.

The final list is:

We will also have 3 more mozillians that lives in Belgium partially sponsored. And we will appreciate that if you are coming to FOSDEM on your own, let us know, so we can coordinate everything better.

Just as a final note, our booth will be smaller than previous years. FOSDEM organizers are trying to allocate as many projects as possible, so instead of 2 tables we will have only 1. So please be aware that our booth will be more crowded than usual. We will welcome all help, but we will try to have it tidy and clean.

Cheers,

2 Likes

From Italy we are few mozillians like @EdoPut, @nicokant and @ltedone other than me :smile:

We will have an Etherpad soon :wink:

Whaddup all!

We’re getting really close to that time of the year again… FOSDEM! The Reps event page is live --> here <— so please sign up to confirm your presence. Many thanks and really looking forward to having a beer with all of you!

Enjoy the holidays!

1 Like

General Etherpad —>here<—
Contact information and (TBA) volunteer roster -->here<—

1 Like

Coming too on my own - U can not get rid of me so easily !