Extension not working in development profile - signing issue?

Hi,

I am working on an already released extension (HighlightAll) that has been automatically signed on AMO.
Now I am trying to get it to work using the original source code (as it was before automatic signing) on my development profile but I just get a message in Firefox add-ons manager saying the add-on “could not be verified for use in Firefox”. The extension is not disabled because I switched the xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false, nevertheless it won’t work. And if I try to open the addon options window, it just freezes the UI.
I have the same behavior in Firefox 41 and FF developer edition (43).
What should I do to make it work under development ?
Any help would be appreciated.

The signature check should only determine if the add-on is enabled or not. If the add-on is enabled and giving you problems, then it’s likely a problem with the add-on code. However, I suggest removing the whole META-INF directory (which holds the signature) if you’re working on a modified file.

Thanks for the reply, Jorge. However, the add-on works perfectly in FF41 when using the version hosted on AMO (which has the same source code).
And I don’t have the META-INF directory in my development version.
Anyway, I think I’ll have to try to start from scratch again to see if it has something to do with the code.

It was my mistake. I had moved the “content” directory into the “chrome” directory but the manifest was not updated.
Now the add-on appears as not signed but it is enabled and fully functional.