Extension Approval

I submitted my extension for approval on Jan. 4, 2016. Needed to add additional “Whiteboard” explanation for testing for approval. Now it’s been sitting for over a month. How do I move the approval forward since it has been sitting in the queue for this long?

Which addon?

Same here, our add-on needs to be approved before the java-support is gone…

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/betrust-token-signing/

How can we help to get this approval faster?

Many Tnx,
Luc Jusgen
Betrust NV

Due to nativeMessaging, the addon is due for admin review which can take longer.

Ok, the nativemessaging is for communication with the EID card-reader.
Is there a way we can help to speed up this approval process? (I guess you receive this question a lot.)

Many TnX,
Luc

Your addons is not very large and doesn’t have minified and/or library code so it should not take long to review.

On the other hand, a combination of window.addEventListener & nativeMessaging can impose serious security risks. That is the reason an admin reviewer will be reviewing these types of addons (I am not an admin reviewer).

As a quick note, these are not cause for rejection but something to consider for your next update.

• Your add-on’s code includes instances of printing debugging information to the Console, which is generally not allowed in production add-ons. Please remove or disable such logging.

• Please do not include files with large amounts of code/text commented out. These blocks complicates the review process and add to your waiting time.

Hi,

I have another question:

If we upload a new version, will we be put again at the end of the queue?
We are approaching the end of the java applet support, which will be blocking for our customers if we can not have it approved in time.

Many TnX,
Luc

I am not 100% sure about it. Some retain their place and some don’t. I think it has to do with whether they have been previously approved or not. Admin reviewers would know better.

Thanks, any idea how we can contact them?

Try IRC #addon-reviewers

Yes, when it hasn’t been approved before, new submissions don’t reset the queue position. In other cases, the position is reset.