Embracing Perspective

“We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.” - Anais Nin

As community leaders we’re likely to visualize success as the outcome of a well-devised, and well-executed plan. While careful planning and best practices do lend to better outcomes, enduring success - and a sustainable model of collaboration is truly reflective of a community’s ability to navigate and embrace disagreement.

Below are two questions we would love you to answer after reading the blog post “Embracing Perspective” (link TBA shortly).

“Do you have any stories of how different perspectives created disagreement? How would you see ‘Perception Checking’ - help resolve that in future?

“How might you as a coach, or team captain begin to model this behavior and inspire others to do the same? We’ll profile great answers to this question in our blog.

1 Like

A highly controversisal issue is having Github - owned by Microsoft now - as the only option to log into MDN as a contributor.

Microsoft wasted no time to change the rules how it ran github under the hood, that, however does not immediately meet the eye. For example, no one knows exactly how many people were deplatformed from github by MS in comparison to the earlier proprietor of github.

So there you have an Anti-MS camp and some people who have no problem with Big Data hosting Mozilla’s MDN. Or those who point out that there are competing priorities asf…

I am somewhat doubtful that “perception checking” will mitigate the underlying deep roots of the conflict.

Hi!

This topic is 3 years old.
I don’t know enough about the MDN login - but I suggest posting to https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/mdn

Thanks!