Duplicate Submission - could I make a private theme?

Hello, I’ve got a little problem. I just wanted to make new theme and I’ve received a message with “Duplicate Submission”. But there’s one problem - my theme (which I wanted to make just for myself) was totally flat - header, footer and backgound has the same, FLAT colour and a little bit lighter color for tabs - linked Themes was completely ugly for me, they were “shining” and “gradient” ones. The one I made is perfect for me and fits my computer well, but Mozilla team won’t add it.
How could I make a theme just for myself or change the colour of Firefox in any other way?

Thanks for help :wink: (sorry if I made any mistakes, English is not my primary (or even secondary…) language

You can make a theme and use it privately using the Personas Plus add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/personas-plus It’s an old work-around that isn’t great, but it’s the only option. Hope this helps!

I will check it soon. Thanks!

Well, it does not look even good on Windows 10 ;(

Firefox 40 (released today) should have some theme corrections for Windows 10. You might want to give that a try.

Well, on normal theme it looks really nice, but I still want to have my colours :frowning:

Sorry to bump this up when it has been, well not really resolved but somewhat closed.

I have a very similar problem. I made a theme and originally just wanted to update it but then I saw that there are actually some people using it and I didn’t want them to get a ‘surprise update’ so I made a second version (and as always the description text I typed in when first submitting it got deleted) and it was rejected as a duplicate.

When I update it, will the other users get a ‘surprise update’ or will it be different just for new users?

I think they get a surprise update.