Communities Logo Redesign - Call for Ideas

Personally I do like the old logo and but yeah its probably a bit outdated now. I definitely think that a new one should be customizable (the major weakness of the current logo in my opinion is that its not). Very much like @vikingkarwur proposal.

I really like @vikingkarwur 's designs as well, but would like to get some other designs before moving it to a decision.

I wish I could design, but I can have ideas!

I like Vikingā€™s idea, but Iā€™m feeling fatigue about the shield lately. I wonder if we can use the same concept, but with a shape that has more to do with communities, or cities or villages? I suppose the beauty of something like the shield is that it scales down to a favicon. If we use a more complex shape weā€™ll need to design a separate favicon/large logo/small logo.

You could also use Vikingā€™s banner with community name over my m proposal.

This is great! Are we free to use it to create our local community logo? Any specific branding guideline to use this template?

Thanks

I like the old logo but agree it needs a refresh like the Firefox logo but still using the same visual. That said @vikingkarwur made a nice logo