Can't install Beta update of addon

this pre-release version of ublock origin im trying to install is from github, so of course not signed, meaning my current version of firefox (version 53) doesn’t allow it; I understand that by going to the advanced config and changing this value to false: xpinstall.signatures.required

that I would be able to install unsigned firefox addons, but it doesn’t work still, and I don’t want to have to completely switch to a nightly/dev version of firefox just to circumvent this

is there anyway to fix this?

This document explains your options.

thanks jorgev, and after reading over it, and looking online more, I eventually found an article that describes creating a config.js and config-pref.js file that, from what I believe, turns off the addon signing check, letting me install any addon onto my firefox, signed or not, after putting the files in their respective directories in firefox

here is the link to the solution; its the last reply, titled Disable add-on signing check in Release (all) versions of Firefox

I know doing something like this is really dangerous, in terms of possibly infected addons that do the nasty to my computer, but im sure I can steer far clear of all that