Cannot submit because of the limitation for name

Hello. I have developed a add-on by using the new WebExtension API, but when I tried to submit my add-on to your market, it alerted a error that Ensure this value has at most 50 characters (it has 66). I’m completely sure that the name of my add-on is within 50 characters. And no matter how I changed it, I could not pass the validation.

For the information, my add-on’s name is ‘AliExpress Shopping & Cashback’, and it’s only 30 characters. I don’t know why it will trigger the error when I tried to submit. The screenshot is as follow:

So what’s wrong with it? Please help me. Thanks.

Have you tried using AND or + instead of &?

Thanks for reply. I’ve tried all possible names, including AliExpress Helper (of course it’s short enough) or AliExpress Shopping and Cashback, but received the same error message. It’s weird.

Do you know where to report this issue directly to the Mozilla stuff? This forum seems not so active…

I don’t know why it will alert the same error message with a number 66, even if I changed names with various length of characters.

Finally, I’ve found the issue, and submitted my add-on successfully. The reason is that my add-on supports i18n, and the length of name in some languages breaks the limitation rule. But I don’t think the error message is clearly enough. It took me a few days to find it:joy:

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the info on what the cause was.

@jorgev is it useful to submit a bug report to ask for the AMO error message to be clarified further?

Yes, please file a bug report.