[BUG] Unable upload new version second time after first upload was deleted

Hello.

I’ve uploaded a new version of my addon (v1.5) and right after I had to re-upload it again, because I missed a file in the package. But instead of deleting the file itself from new version I’ve decided delete the whole version instead.

After new version was deleted I tried upload the package again, but now it says the same version was previously uploaded and does not let me add it.

Perhaps there is a cache for upladed files, and after NN hours it will be automatically deleted, but still, it’s a bug in AMO, that doesn’t delete files together with versions.

P.S.
addon in question is backforwardhistorytweaks@vano

Re-using a version number caused all sorts of problems for users, developers and reviewers, which I why AMO is no longer allowing it. For details, see
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/03/09/amo-updates-on-version-number-re-use/

But since AMO is able trace if such version was downloaded or not, perhaps if nobody downloaded it re-using the version should be allowed.

Also, perhaps CDN could use the hash for verification, instead of version number?

1 Like