Bookmark Add On Feature - Simple

I am new to the Firefox forums.

I have a web application where I can easily drag bookmarks to the Firefox bookmarks bar - I need to do this regularly to keep check of specific pages within the web application interface.

When I drag from the web application, the new bookmark is displayed with the URL, which is long and meaningless, rather than text which is meaningful to identify the bookmark in the future.

Essentially I want a very quick way to edit these new bookmarks that I have dragged to the Firefox bookmarks bar. Right clicking, then moving the curson to the bottom of the context menu, selecting ‘properties’ etc… - this takes too long.

I have the text that I want to paste in my clipboard, ready to paste to rename the bookmark. What I want is a one-click method to rename the bookmark. Does something like this exist?

For instance, it would be great if I can click the icon that accompanies a bookmark (i.e. the image immediately to the left of the URL, as it appears in my Firefox bookmarks bar for a new bookmark) and this were to allow me to edit the bookmark in the bookmarks bar, where I can just paste in the new name.

What do other users or developers here suggest? Does something like this exist already? Can something easily be created?

The way my web application works, I don’t want to load the bookmarked page before renaming a bookmark - this would be way too inefficient. The web application essentially has its own pages contained in the application, and there are URLs available to these which can be dragged to the bookmarks bar, but clicking on such bookmarks would then cause the entire web application to re-load, which would take quite a lot of time.

Thanks for whatever help is out there.

While this is certainly doable with an add-on, I wonder why you can’t use the regular bookmark button for Firefox. If you click on it twice, you get a popup form where you can set the name and location of the bookmark, which wouldn’t be much more effort than what the add-on would require, I think.

Thanks for the reply Jorge. I mentioned below (although I didn’t highlight
it directly - apologies) that the method you suggest isn’t really
workable. That is because the page showing in my browser is not the page
that is bookmarked. In order to use the function you suggest, I understand
that the actual page must be loaded in the browser. This issue comes
about due to the nature of the web application that I am using. The
application is called Bullhorn, a CRM type application - and there are, I
understand, many similar web applications in existence like this.

Any further help you may be able to provide would be most welcome, and
thank you so much for your helpful reply.

Very best wishes, John