Animated theme quit working

I have downloaded several

Can you elaborate please, I don’t understand

I have downloaded several animated personas but they always quit being
animated. I am wondering how to get them to be animated again.

Thanks

Firefox no longer supports animated themes, due to performance reasons. What happens is that the theme image is cropped after it is downloaded, which breaks the animation.

Thanks for the information - appreciate it.

Thanks! I just posted a question about the same thing. It’s stupid to offer them on Firefox themes if they don’t work for the browser. I’ll still keep mine, it’s pretty…

So sorry this is late, but try this please, it might help!

1. Open a new tab, and type “about:config” at the URL bar, then search for “lightweightthemes” with the filter.
  2. Change the values of “lightweightThemes.persisted.footerURL” and “lightweightThemes.persisted.headerURL” from true to false( by double click on them).
  3. After doing so, restart Firefox and you will see it works! You don’t have to install any add-on.

I do hope it helps!! And the source I got this from is from this forum: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/965834

This is not from my own knowledge! Good luck & let me know if it works (it did for me)!! :smile:

1 Like

This worked perfectly for me!
Thanks, i was reading through countless pages about how they stopped working after versions of Firefox, and they were no longer supported, but this was simple and easy to fix!
No add ons required, thanks

1 Like

This didn’t work for me. :-(:disappointed_relieved: