Addon Code is not executed

Hello there,

I developed an extension via the AddOn-SDK and after several tests on several computers it seemed to work properly. But on one computer it is not working. It should actually show an icon but there is no icon displayed, either at the symbol bar or at the customization. The extension is installed and can be seen at the “Extensions Tab” (ctrl + shift +a).

After trying several steps (resetting the customization, delete extensions.* files at the profile folder, reinstalling the extension) it is still not working. I can find the responsible script in the browser tools so I’ve been trying to debug the addon but the code isn’t even executed (I think this is the problem).

What can be the cause of this error? How can I solve this?

Greetings

Have you tried looking for errors in the console, or using a clean profile in the same computer? Is there anything different about that computer, like the operating system or Firefox version?

Hi Jorgev,

no I didn’t but this are good hints. The Computer is running on a Win7 64 bit OS and it uses FF Version 45.0.1. I will try your suggestions as soon as I can.

I’ve been looking in the browser console and following error occured:

“Could not read chrome manifest ‘file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Browser/Firefox/chrome.manifest’”

After creating a new profile it was working fine, but I am still wondering what is causing this error. This error is not occurring in the new profile.

That particular error should be unrelated to your add-on.