Activate Mozilla - Dive Into Rust

Great! Iā€™ll be looking forward to testing Servo builds for Windows!

Best regards,
Gabriela
QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible

Wonderful, Looking forward!

Looking forward to testing a Servo build for Windows!

1 Like

[interested] awesome initiative !!

Para My es como una clave y tu my maestra

awesome! looking forward to join projects on Rust!

Awesome initiative! Iā€™m looking forward to join projects on Rust!

Sound so cool, awesome invitation Iā€™m looking forward to join
projectā€¦!!!

Hey everyone,

Let us know what do you think about the activity described on the site and if you were able to do it/have questions.

This should be the first step to join this initiative :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Iā€™m really excited about this chance to show Rust to lots of new people, and would like to help.

Iā€™m on the Rust community team, and weā€™re interested in supporting reps running Rust events, but weā€™re not sure how best to help. Thereā€™s a good chance we can help people find local Rust experts to pitch in, to help find training materials, or otherwise suggest interesting ways to get into Rust. Please do not hesitate to contact us at community-team@rust-lang.org or on IRC at #rust-community, or to contact me personally at banderson@mozilla.com.

If anybody wants to chat with the Rust community team about how best we can collaborate, we invite you to attend next weekā€™s community team meeting on Wednesday, the details of which are here. Let me know if youā€™re interested and Iā€™ll make sure we allocate time in the agenda.

Iā€™m looking forward to this!

3 Likes

Hi Brian,

It would be great pleasure if you can connect with the Rust community.

Thanks and Regards
Anjesh Agrawal

@agrawal_anjesh Yay! Can I ask you to either email community-team@rust-lang.org or post to https://users.rust-lang.org/ and say more about what sort of support would help you? For example, local Rust experts, training materials, advice, etc. Talking in one of those venues will get more Rustacean eyes on the problem than just myself.

Brian King
Looking forward to testing Servo builds for Windows!

This is a great initiative and i want to colaborate with Rust Events.

Best regards

Hi Brian

I am very much interested in Rust Programming language . I am learning
Rust. I want to conduct a Rust learning event in my university . The
goal of this event is to introduce Rust and teach Rust to my
universityā€™s student.For this event I need guidelines from You.Please
tell me which which topics I need to discuss on that event. It will be
very helpful , if You provide me some learning resources (slides,videos
etc). Thank You very much .

Hi Rashik.

In a lecture setting, assuming you already have some familiarity with Rust and your students already have some programming experience, Iā€™d say to focus on the things that make Rust unique: ownership, borrowing, lifetimes traits; with an emphasis on how they enable memory safe, high performance abstractions and why those things are important. These topics are fairly nuanced and require a fair understanding of Rust to convey, but this slide deck comes with exercises and has been used successfully a few times.

For more informal settings where the facilitator doesnā€™t have significant Rust experience an easy type of event to organize that doesnā€™t require much advance planning is a hack-and-learn, where everybody just gets together in a room with laptops and works through the introductory material in the op.

Iā€™d encourage you to stop by #rust-community on IRC or email the Rust community team at community-team@rust-lang.org for additional suggestions.

Hi @brson!

You have given the slidedeck links https://github.com/nikomatsakis/rust-tutorializer https://github.com/nikomatsakis/rust-tutorials-keynote . Can I know how to open this?

I am sorry I could not open this to see the content.

Itā€™s a Mac Keynote slide deck (unfortunately). Niko would like to convert it to an HTML-based format so that more people can access it (and would much appreciate it if somebody else was motivated to do so), but so far hasnā€™t found the time. There may be keynote converters available, but I havenā€™t looked into it.

@kinger Looking forward to join Rust team!

Some Rust India community updates here (https://users.rust-lang.org/t/rust-india-community-updates/9525)

1 Like