3 months stuck in admin review, FF43 with forced add-on signing close to release

The approved version of my add-on is as of now 24 versions behind the up to date version, which is still stuck waiting for a preliminary admin review for over 3 months.

With Firefox version 43 soon to be released with its enforced signin and still no admin review done after more than 3 months, I will soon be forced to start informing users to use the signed and up to date add-on that is hosted outside AMO to prevent complaints and negative reviews as a direct result of being forced to use an outdated version of the add-on because the updated version is stuck waiting to be reviewed and cannot be installed any longer due to the enforced signing system.

I was warned by the admin reviewer (the same one which flagged my add-on for admin review) that I could not tell “(…) people to download the add-on from an external website. This is against our policies.” and I have been waiting for it to be reviewed for more than 3 months, but this is almost reaching a ridiculous point where I have no choice but to tell people to download the add-on from an external website until the add-on is reviewed.

I am posting this here to inform beforehand who needs to be informed in the hopes that something is done soon to address these seriously crippling problems, otherwise developers in my position will have no choice but to direct their users off AMO for the duration of the review delays that have been absolutely ridiculous.

If there isn’t anyone to work on the flagged admin review queues then there shouldn’t even be such a section, let alone allowing an admin reviewer himself to send add-ons to the admin queue which no one is working on, with him included as far as it can be concluded.

Several people are working almost full time on the admin flagged add-ons. It just takes time to work through all of them. We are trying to review as much add-ons as we can as fast as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the update! I am glad to hear that there are more than two admin reviewers working on it now.

The release of Firefox 43 with signing enforced by default is in less than a week, my add-on is still waiting to be reviewed and if it remains like this until this weekend I will be forced to start informing users of what they can do to get the new version of my add-on since the one present in the archive will no longer be possible to install without messing with the about:config options.

There’s no information about how many add-ons are stuck in admin review, how long it might take for my add-on to be reviewed or any worthwhile information whatsoever related to admin review queues/delays. This is not working and it should be removed for the time being since the admin reviewers are clearly unable to cope with the crippled admin review queues.

My add-on is on its way to 4 months pending admin review (counting from the moment when you -TheOne- flagged it for admin review) when it used to be preliminarily reviewed in less than 24h, this is completely ridiculous.

The same situation here, but waiting only one month, which also seems ridiculous as my addon hasn’t even been preliminary reviewed since that time. The same Chrome extension already has 14k users, but Firefox addon is still stuck in the queue and worse - nobody will be able to install it from the site after FF43 is released…

Hey @aemdy, can you link me to your addon please?

Here you go: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/siūlyk-antraštę/